Physical Security - Our Shared Responsibility
Tuesday Oct 25th, 2016
Physical Security – Our Shared Responsibility
- Monitor and control who is entering your workplace: current employees, former employees, commercial delivery, and service personnel.
- Check for identification and ask individuals to identify the purpose of their visit to your workplace.
- Report broken doors, windows, and locks to your organization’s or building’s security personnel as soon as possible.
Always enable the automatic screen locking function when you are away from your work area. Back up or copy sensitive and critical information and databases.
- Store, lock, and inventory your organization’s keys, access cards, uniforms, badges, and vehicles.
- Monitor and report suspicious activity in or near your facility’s entry/exit points, loading docks, parking areas, garages, and immediate vicinity.
- Report suspicious packages to your local police. DO NOT OPEN or TOUCH!
- Shred or destroy all documents that contain sensitive personal or organizational information that is no longer needed.
- Keep an inventory of your most critical equipment, hardware, and software. Store and lock your personal items such as wallets, purses, and identification when not in use.
The Internet is a shared resource and securing it is Our Shared Responsibility. Our Shared Responsibility is the theme for National Cyber Security Awareness Month 2016. - Visit: http://www.staysafeonline.org